Sunday, March 21, 2010

5 years and going strong....

Okay so these pictures posted in the exact opposite order I wanted them to but here goes anyway.....
Adam and I just celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary. We met way back in 2001 right after I got out of high school. I went to a party with a few friends in Tuscaloosa and met the man (then boy) I had prayed so long for. He had long red hair and was playing a guitar. (so not my type) Anywho, there was just something about him and I couldn't get him out of my head. I told my mom over breakfast the next morning that I had met the guy I was going to marry. I am sure she thought "well I have heard that before" haha! So after that party and meeting him I so changed my mind on where I wanted to spend the next 4 years in college. Soon after moving to T-town, we started dating and fell in love. Thats why we decided to spend our anniversary in Tuscaloosa and sort of reminisce on how our relationship first started. (plus, we were on a budget)

We packed the girls bags and sent them off to the Grandparent's house. Below is Henley Reese whom is our very vocal three year old. She talks and might I add like a 16yr old. She is so much like Adam and me its pretty scary. She has a temper and very strong willed. She is the funniest and coolest 3yr old I know.

This is Harper Leslie which is now 7 months old. She is sitting up, rolling over, and very vocal as well. She is our layed back baby. She usually just goes with the flow and never cries.....unless she's sleepy. God has blessed Adam and I with two beautiful baby girls! I could never express how much we love them and how happy they make us. Life is total chaos with these two but we wouldn't have it any other way.

Below is where Adam got inked, as he would say, to celebrate five years. It all started when he lost his wedding ring a few weeks ago and decided he wanted this tattooed on his finger. Well his wedding band was found but he had already gotten pumped about the tattoo. So we spent all night in Bama Tattoo. He said I could get Eph 5:24 on me but I politely declined. haha! Again sorry these pictures are so out of order.



Roll Tide Roll!


The picture above was at St. George Apartments in the breeze way where we met for the very first time at the famous "going away party" for his friend Clint.

We stayed at the Hotel Capstone....it was in the middle of campus.
Well the picture below was us 5 years ago. I can remember about being so upset because I forgot waterproof mascara and I was afraid my make up would be ruined. I just knew I would cry the entire time. Well, I was wrong, we laughed through the whole service. I don't really remember a lot about what Adam's dad even said. (he married us)
The below picture is the very spot Adam proposed. It was at a bed and breakfast in Biloxi, MS! It was beautiful....its no longer there thanks to Hurricane Katrina
This picture below was the oldest picture I could find of us on my computer. It was in 2004, we look so young. We were on a beach trip with Adam's family!

Well I just wanted to post and celebrate five amazing years of marriage. I look forward to see what God has planned for us the next 80 years. I love you ADAM! Thank you for being an awesome husband and Daddy!

1 comment:

The Hill Family said...

congrats you two~ Happy Anniversary!